Wednesday 18 February 2015

My Little Frenchie Box - Review

As most of us know, subscription boxes can be very more-ish. I do love surprises. Over the past year, I have tried many different types of subscription boxes, steadily becoming addicted, from food based boxes to makeup and even cat toys. Whilst some have worked out to be very good value, others have been  a little disappointing. I decided to review 'My Little Box' as I've only just recently discovered it, and found it to be one of the best I've encountered so far for value. So far, My Little Box have been on point in selecting really great quality products and making me smile with their quirky french additions. Each month they choose a different theme, and it really does feel like they handpick every item to fit this with a great deal of thought. The box itself only costs £10 a month (you get a small discount if you have it delivered to your workplace, otherwise it is £11) and £3.95 p&p.

To explain 'My Little Box' without using the word 'random' would be hard. Each month you get a selection of makeup, beauty treats, accessories, and something a bit extra to make you smile. This month was collated by Ines De La Fressange, a french model. Here's the breakdown;



1. Ines De La Fressange Smartphone case - This little red case is pretty stylish and smart looking, and protects my phone! This is something I needed to invest in for myself but would probably never have gotten round to doing.

2. Complexion Enhancer - Embellisseur Teint De Peche £9.50 (full sized) - This is a really lovely tinted moisturiser! I actually find it hard to find peach/pink based moisturisers that don't contribute to my red face problem, but this adds a subtle glow without caking yourself in foundation. Its rather nourishing for the skin, too.

3. DHC Oil Blotting Paper (£4.00 for 100 sheets) - This month I have recently embarked on a quest to give up makeup and let my true self shine through (a post on this WILL follow as it's been a bit of an eye opening experiment). The trouble is, the shine itself really is a problem so this couldn't have arrived on my doorstep at a more useful time.

4. L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper - It's not really too much of a surprise that L'oreal might feature in this box, as a french company. But I was really quite surprised that this got thrown in on top of everything else, considering what I paid for it! Again this is not something I'd bother investing in myself, but this clear gel has being doing a great job so far at keeping my brows tidy.

5. Terrybly Khol Pencil £23 (full sized) - GREAT addition to the box, considering the box cost half the price of this one item alone. Having put this little waterproof gem to the test, I can confirm that it blends beautifully and doesn't budge!

5. Les petits mots d'ines - This is my absolute favourite item in a subscription box to date, ever! It's a jar of little messages in scrolls, and you open one a day for a snippet of wisdom. Todays message read 'If all good things come to an end, why don't we start with the dessert?' which is a bit quirky but I can't say I disagree with the sentiment.

The value of this box greatly exceeds what I paid for it and continues to do so every month, so I'll be sticking with 'My Little Box' for a while! It's definitely one way to brighten up a bleak day in the office. To top it all off, you also get a fab little magazine with some really interesting content, and a wall card too. This months read 'Life is never what it seems, and that's the great thing about it.' I wholeheartedly agree, My Little Box.

Do you have a favourite subscription box? x

12 comments:

  1. I've never tried subscription box, I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thoroughly addicted now, be careful which ones you go with! :)

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! I like that everything seems a bit higher end. I've hesitated a lot with sub boxes because I have so many specific things I want that a sub box seems like I might be wasting money on things I don't like. I guess the joy is in the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it's great too that everything is full sized! I find with a lot of the others that they are all samples. It's a risk I guess but the flip side of that is that I've discovered loads of products I wouldn't have gone with that I really love :)

      Delete
  3. I miss getting subscription boxes (I cancelled a while back because the ones available to Canada were not the best deal). Seeing this makes me really jealous - you got a really good box this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good . I have not committed to a box yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good . I have not committed to a box yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love surprises especially from overseas

    ReplyDelete
  7. no it sounds new to me I wish to get it from overseas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome box lovely <3

    ReplyDelete