Saturday 18 October 2014

5 Autumn Favourites

I absolutely love the colours that come with autumn, and the rich, earthy tones that you get to play with when the leaves hit the ground. This year, I am trying to stop myself from making too many seasonal purchases, as I'm off to sunnier climates in Asia for a month this week, so when I return we'll practically be into winter! However below are my top 5 picks for the autumn season that still carry over into winter, too.




1. Pencil Kimono Dress - Asos £42.00 - I love this dress and I always associate this sort of green with autumn. It's one of my best colours with my pale skin and red hair so I was all over this on Asos! This is a perfect work to evening dress, which can be quite versatile depending on how you dress it up or down.


2. JF Alex Boots, JustFab, £28 - Every girl needs a good pair of boots, especially at this time of year! I find it hard to find good flat boots (especially with my gigantic feet) so I need a bit of a heel that is still easy to move about in, and I feel most comfortable in this kind of style. For you UK girls, Justfab are doing two pairs of shoes for £35 at the minute too. Bargain!

3. Rimmel Kate Lipstick in #1. £5.49 Dark red is perfect for autumn, and this rich hued lipstick doesn't break the bank, but delivers a great lasting colour nonetheless. Plus if it's good enough for Kate..

4. Smashbox Fade to Black Photo Op Palette £21 - £59 (found on Ebay and Amazon). After initially lusting after Tom Ford Fall Quad Palette in Nude, and then realising it was out of my price range, I actually really fell in love with Smashbox whilst searching for an alternative. I love mixing the darker hues and rich shades with the autumn brown colours of this palette - this is a real day to night toolbox.

5. June Jacobs Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Mask £24 (found on Ebay, around £50 found elsewhere online) This is a lovely seasonal mask and I've heard rave reviews about it, so I'm currently eagerly awaiting it's arrival at my door! According to its description, this mask uses Pumpkin Enzyme to essentially digest dead surface cells (not the nicest process I'm sure) which in turn stimulates new cells. Pumpkin is rich in essential fatty acids, and Vitamins A and C. Plus I love the smell of pumpkin, it reminds me of fun times giggling around bonfires and carving ghoulish shapes with my best friends.

What's your favourite thing about Autumn?

28 comments:

  1. i can see why they are your autumn favs, i love the boots, lipstick and the palette is gorgeous

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that lipstick and eyeshadow palette look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fall colors too! I really love the green of that Pencil Kimono Dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great pics for fall! I love that green dress. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lipstick and the boots, enjoy Asia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of each, please! Fall is my favorite time of year because of the cute outfits I get to wear. I think I need that Smashbox, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clothes - love the layers and darker colors and boots and scarves! Also love the food as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that lipstick and dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. boots, boots and more boots please :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you didn't go with a maroon or neutral (re: black) coloured dress... and picked a nice earthy green. I love that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress would be perfect for work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the boots. And the dress. Those are great fall collections.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite part of Fall is BOOTS! Those boots are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that kimono dress! I think I'm about to hop over and pick one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I NEED that rimmel lipstick! I've been eyeing the Kate Moss line for a while! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes to all the above! I love the green color and cut of the dress and I NEED those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That green dress is absolutely stunning. I love it! Paired with that beautiful red Kate Moss Lipstick it is a dream for Autumn and adds a bit of colour in this season!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my I am loving this list especially those boots. Will have to check out Fab and see if my size is available.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh! I'm loving that dark Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the boots, very similar to my favorite pair that I own!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, the lipstick and eyeshadow are my favorites. They look so perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Autumn as well. I really like the dress and makeup set you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that green dress! Such a great color! it would be fantastic for Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the dress! I don't usually wear dresses in fall but I adore this one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need some new lipsticks. LOVE the dark red.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That green dress! Gorgeous color.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Freally pretty. I dont think I have ever wore green but it looks so pretty here. Love tge boits.

    ReplyDelete