Friday 14 February 2014

My top 5 favourite Valentines gifts (to buy for yourself!)


Now, I'm not writing this post because the other half has disappointed this Valentines day. Quite the contrary, I was presented with a lovely bunch of flowers, heartfelt card, and very beautiful heart shaped chocolates from M&S this morning (which I had for breakfast). But I am also not immune to the little devils that encourage you to spend, spend spend that are out in full force around V day, and I have to say, I quite like them, if I'm honest. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and lets face it, no one buys better gifts for you than yourself. So, in the spirit of doing so, I decided to profile the 5 presents I bought this year, from me, to me. I am quite the romantic.
3
1
2

4
5
















1- Sleek True Colour Lipstick in 'Barely There' - I discovered this after watching 'Katie's Beauty Blog' Youtube channel, and I love it! Its a great shade for daytime wear. Thanks, Katie! 
2 - Naked 3 Palette, Urban Decay - Unless you've been living under a rock you might have seen this absolutely everywhere. I saw a good tutorial on how to use this by Katie (you can also find her blog here) and I've also seen lots of other bloggers going crazy about it! It has a really beautiful selections of shades, from shimmery pinks through to dark, warm, taupe shades. The palette also comes with some primer potion which is handy. This retails for around £37 but I bought a new one off ebay for £32. I think its well worth the investment, as you can create a whole range of daytime to night time looks with it.
3 - SASFashion (ebay) Tartan bodycon velvet dress - I bought this for a thrifty £14.99, it ticks so many boxes for me, and I love the shape of it with the cut out neck. I've been really loving seeing tartan everywhere this season, but being a redhead, wasn't too keen on the pilarbox tartan that's dominating the trend right now. This is much more subtle colour, it suits my tones, plus I love the velvet material.
4 -  Follow Me FMUK Gold Shoes, Amazon -  I recently made the promise to myself that the next time I bought a pair of shoes, I would resist the urge to revert to buying 'safe' black heels that go with every outfit. I'll be teaming these with my current fave LBD and some chunky gold jewellery this weekend in order to add a touch of sparkle to my outfit! They're great for me, as being 5ft9, I can never find court shoes that I like unless they are platforms, which make me far too tall. These are a nice compromise. They're also really good value at £16.99.
5 - London Fashion Weekend Silver Tickets -  A bit of a random one, but I've scored next Friday off, both from my day job and DJing at night, so I decided to treat myself and feed the shopaholic within me. I'm looking forward to browsing some great current British designer brands and watching the afternoon catwalk show. I'll have my camera ready to snap any good finds!

Have you treated yourself this Valentines day, or were you spoilt? What have been your favourite February buys?






7 comments:

  1. What?! Those shoes are only... 16.99?! I have too many pairs of safe black, leather, almond toe, 3" heels, too. I've also been eyeing some gold glittery ones but where to wear them?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Look forward to reading more of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, what a steal eh! My thinking is, you can still play it safe with neutral colours, blues or blacks, and jazz it up with the gold shoes. That's the plan anyway! Thanks to you for stopping by too :)

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for some many excuses to buy the Naked Palette and I think my excuse will just have to be "because I want it!" x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - that was my excuse! 'because its too damn pretty' :) x

      Delete
  3. Those heels!!!! I must have those. So amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shoes and especially the price tag!! Also I am my favorite person to buy gifts for haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought myself the Naked3 palette a few weeks ago - one of the best beauty purchases I've ever made!

    ReplyDelete