Thursday 5 June 2014

Seven Facts About Me

So I have been blogging about various beauty, fashion, event, travel topics for a few months now - but I realised I haven't really talked much about my life outside of that. I don't want to go on about myself so this will be a rare post, but I guess it might be useful for people to know the way my life works and what motivates me to do the things I do, and like the things I like!

So here it goes;

1. I used to play the drums, guitar, and keyboard, and I have vocal lessons still. I was never the best musician but I do love music lessons, and always walk out feeling lifted and happy!

2. I have the most daft kitten called Jives (see right), it's probably my own fault since I gave her such a silly name.

3. I manage an enterprise centre called 'Ignite' in Peterborough, the UK. We support people under the age of 30 to set up their start up business ideas with free office space, mentoring advice from business experts, help finding funding, and lots more. It's really rewarding and I work with lots of really interesting people. It's inspired me to consider so many start up ventures of my own!

4. I'm currently learning how to produce music as well as just DJ as I want to broaden my horizons :)

5. I go to London at least once a week now, but I never tire of the buzz and excitement of it, and like a lame tourist pretend I live there. I would love to live there, but I kind of prefer it this way because I'm close enough to still get to everything, whilst still remaining super excited with the vibe of the place every time I go. I'd hate to lose that.

6. My boyfriend is really really tall. Honestly he is nearly 7 ft. I like that because I'm actually quite tall for a girl, so it makes me feel like I'm an average height. He also often gets mistaken for Jesus.

7. I'm rehearsing weekly to be in a play that my friend wrote, which is being published and performed later in the summer. It involves talking in a northern english accent, which is gradually improving (at a slow rate, I am terrible with accents).

I also produced some theatre of my own last year, where I directed a play I wrote about sex trafficking, which was based as a performance inside a residential house (one in London, and one in Cambridge).  Actors and actresses portrayed stories of real women who had been sex trafficked into the UK, and the audience walked round the room as an installation. I'd love to do it again one day if I find the funding! Visit Ophelia Circus, my website, to see more!



What are some interesting facts about you? Let me know!

Remember to join the fantastic host, Meg, and co-hosts with this weeks Bloglovin Blog Hop!


Your Devoted Host:

Your Co-Hosts:
    

    


1.  Follow your host, co-hosts, and sponsor.  You can click on their photos in the hop or in the linky.
2.  Add your blog in the linky below; be sure it links directly to your Bloglovin' profile and upload a profile picture directly from your computer.
3.  Follow at least 3-4 others bloggers in the linky and say "hello".
4.  Tweet, share, and talk about the hop on social media!



Happy Kids, Inc.

19 comments:

  1. I would love to visit London!! It's been a dream for the past 10 years for me! Thanks for hosting!
    Xo,
    Kirstie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirstie! You should go - get a cheap ticket! :)

      Delete
  2. One interesting fact about me that I'd always tell people is I have a Weimaraner dog named Ebba. She's not a "dog" dog (does not like other dogs) but a "cat" dog. She'd love to meet your Jives so they could share their silliness with each other. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god they'd cause so much havoc together! Jives is just crazy but she's only 15 weeks old so still a baby really :) how cute - love silly pets!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog from the fashion Friday linkup! It's great getting to know you from this post!

    karenszilli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOOOVE to go to London once a week! I visited 5 years ago and loved it but haven't been able to afford a return trip just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing place - I'm always excited when I go :)

      Delete
  5. Visiting from Penniless Socialite. Thanks for the giveaway! I agree, it's nice to add a more personal post sometimes.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) glad you like the giveaway too! x

      Delete
  6. I dream of visiting London one day. i hope I will have the chance too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Ashley, it's an amazing city!

      Delete
  7. You sound like a very intelligent, social, fun, talented and busy lady!!! I always enjoy reading personal facts about a blogger that interests me. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these kinds of posts, because you can relate to people and see a glimpse of personality. :)

    Jen @ Librarian for Life & Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love learning random, but cool facts about different bloggers! so cool. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading more about you. You are one interesting and colorful person! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing, it makes us feel closer to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, finally! Sometimes we forget that behind a blog there is a real person! I'm happy to read a little about yourself... and I 've noticed that we have some things in common: I play piano and bass, and even my boyfriend is very tall!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading these facts about you! I'd really love to live in London one day, I think I'd never tire of the buzz and excitement of it as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete